Hours per week
Required education level
Want to work for one of the largest organizations in her branch globally? Do you have at least 3 years experience with KYC/AML? And are you able to go the extra mile? Then you are the KYC/AML Officer I am looking for.
About the company
Our client is a well known organisation within the financial institution industry. They are located in more than 40 countries worldwide with over 5000 employees. They are continuously investing in their staff and they are among the best in the industry. They also invest in social responsibility and invest back into the community.
The KYC/AML Officer is part of the KYC/AML Team being the internal control department within the 1st line of defense at our client.
Tasks and responsibilities
The KYC/AML Officer monitors, controls and ensures that all clients serviced by the business teams in the CNE office have fulfilled the Citco Customer Due Diligence (“CDD”) requirements. These requirements comprise the applicable policies and guidelines, AML and anti-terrorist financing legislation as well as Dutch regulatory legislation and guidelines as issued by De Nederlandsche Bank. Also, the KYC/AML Officer will play a key role in business acceptance and continuation, overall CDD monitoring, controlling and assisting the client servicing teams in meeting the compliance obligations, both internally as externally.Your main responsibilities will be;
- Ensuring all CDD requirements are met to accept new clients, including assessing client documentation and the required risk analysis
- Ensuring all CDD requirements are met throughout the client life cycle, including performing obligatory periodic or event driven reviews of CDD files and updating the risk analysis reports, if applicable
- Communicating with and advising clients, colleagues and other Citco offices worldwide on the CDD requirements of CNE
- Assisting in scanning of the CNE client database against various lists, analyzing and clearing of alerts resulting from the scanning
- Identifying customers and or potential customers that might be considered a(n) (integrity) risk for the organization
- Populating, updating and monitoring completeness of relevant internal systems with CDD, client and other related information and documentation
- Ensuring that the applicable risk level of clients as well as possible PEP status are captured in the systems
- Assessing various internal reports and forms (e.g. transaction profile, acceptance, (re)approval, transfer, re-activation, refusal and business termination, etc.)
- Assisting the client servicing teams with transaction monitoring
- Reporting internally possible suspicious and/or unusual transactions in line with applicable reporting policies and procedures to the Compliance Officer
- Managing escalations and incidents quickly and efficiently, ensuring legal, regulatory and internal rules are upheld at all times
- Assisting with upholding internal KYC/AML policies and procedures
- Monitoring completeness of CDD files and actions taken to complete CDD files; and
- Assisting in development of classroom training and providing training.
- Bachelor degree or country equivalent in a related discipline - preferably University degree, civil law and or corporate law
- 3-5+ years’ experience in the financial service industry, or similar business, in a KYC/AML related environment
- Understanding of KYC/AML framework
- Knowledge of recent legislative developments (e.g. Wtt, Wwft, MLD4, etc)
- Strong research and analytical skills
- Excellent (interpersonal) communication skills
- Fluency in English and Dutch is a must
- Good planning and time management/prioritization skills; and
- Ability to work in a team and autonomously as well as liaising with other departments within a large organization.
Interested in this position? Or would like to discuss other roles that we are currently recruiting for? Please forward your resume to email@example.com or contact us on +31 202 380 200
Saro Recruitment is a recruitment agency focused on Accounting, Finance & Banking, Marketing & Sales and the Legal sectors. We believe that recruitment can be done more carefully, sincerely and with more passion. We see these aspects as essential to connect our candidates and clients. Our extensive network enables us to meet the needs of our clients and candidates. Pleasure and growth assured!
Saro Recruitment. We think People.