Hours per week
Required education level
Are you looking for a challenging Senior Compliance position in Amsterdam? Do you feel at home within Financial Markets? And are you the person to take ownership? Then you are the Senior Compliance Officer I am looking for.
About the company
For a large foreign bank in Amsterdam, I am looking for a Senior Compliance Officer with experience in financial services. This bank provides financial solutions in the area of finance, risk management and consultancy activities to business customers and financial institutions.
Tasks and responsibilities
The Compliance function is a second level control function with our client and it is an independent and hierarchically integrated function.The overall mission of the Compliance function is to give reasonable assurance to senior management, that compliance, regulatory and reputational risks are monitored, controlled and mitigated as relevant.
Your main responsibilities will be;
- The first assignment of the Senior Compliance Officer will be the local coordination for Compliance topics linked to the implementation of Capital Market & Conduct Remediation plan locally. He will have to report centrally regarding the progress and difficulties met locally. She or He will be 100% dedicated to this task till its completion
- As Senior Compliance Officer you will be the local MIRO (Market Integrity Responsible Officer) regarding Financial Markets activity. You will therefore be part of the network of European MIROs interacting with the Compliance Domain Market Integrity, You may become, in the future, delegation holder for MI topics
- You will be the local Compliance ‘subject matter expert’ for Financial Market (FM) related activities (i.e. for Global Markets and ALM Treasury business lines and legal entities)
- Responsible for identifying, communicating and assessing key regulatory developments relating to FM topics
- To ensure effective an effective training and awareness programme for staff (and Compliance colleagues) in regard to FM topics, increasing knowledge and promoting a culture of compliance
- To actively lead and participate in the development of the Compliance function.
- Significant experience: in the business as FM Front Officer; or as a FM Compliance Officer; or as an IG auditor.
- Preferable good knowledge and understanding of major Markets Regulations (such as MIFID, EMIR, FATCA, DFA).
- Graduate studies in Finance, Economics, Law, or equivalent.
- Ability and willingness to question assumptions, perform critical analysis and provide challenge to management (and colleagues) when appropriate.
- Able to operate with appropriate autonomy, take ownership of key areas of responsibility and meet challenging deadlines.
- Good Communication / Negotiation Skills. Able to clearly and concisely communicate with staff at all levels, in both oral and written forms. Able to debate and explain complex topics and principles.
- Fluent English, if possible another European language.
Interested in this position? Or would like to discuss other roles that we are currently recruiting for? Please forward your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or contact us on +31 202 380 200
Saro Recruitment is a recruitment agency focused on Accounting, Finance & Banking, Marketing & Sales and the Legal sectors. We believe that recruitment can be done more carefully, sincerely and with more passion. We see these aspects as essential to connect our candidates and clients. Our extensive network enables us to meet the needs of our clients and candidates. Pleasure and growth assured!
Saro Recruitment. We think People.