Hours per week
Required education level
About the company
Our client is an unique and innovative Investment Management company specialised in ‘alternative’ fixed income. It is the fastest growing company in Dutch financial services. The teams of experts are active in asset management, direct lending and advisory services. This firm is active across the globe and works for a variety of clients, including pension funds, insurance companies, banks, private equity firms, and governments. It has set up the first online mortgage distribution platform in the Netherlands and launched a loan portfolio market place where originators and professional investors meet. Its mission is to create a better match between savings and credit in society. Clients choose the company because it offers deep insight and make them truly understand the opportunities in alternative fixed income.
Tasks and responsibilities
With the number of clients and products growing rapidly this firm is now looking for a reporting specialist for the Amsterdam office to setup an independent client reporting team. This team must ensure that clients, through reporting, really understand what value we delivered for them and in which way. The portfolio management teams currently manage over EUR 7.5 billion in commitments.
Responsibilities of the role are:
- Set up an independent client reporting team and ensure that the client reporting function is well controlled in line with appropriate best practice.
- Providing clients with correct, relevant and timely information related to their investment portfolios, so that they clearly understand what we did for them an in which way.
- Ensuring that weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual reports are provided in a timely fashion meeting agreed quality standards.
- Establishing detailed requirements with the data management, IT development and portfolio management to align processes and create a seamless flow in the delivery process.
- Preparing reports which include detailed information on the performance of our client's investment portfolios and risk figures.
- Defining and developing portfolio reporting policies and strategy in line with business and client requirements and policies. Translating strategy to activity plans and objectives.
- Performing analysis of client requests and changes in regulations and determine the impact on reporting services provided.
- Taking initiative for improvement in reporting content, improving processes and automation of processes.
- Responsible for having all risk events related to the reporting function timely reported, investigated and brought to the risk and/or compliance department.
- Thorough, precise, communicative and having a ‘getting things done’-mentality
- Independent and structured: ability to work independently and in a structured way to get things done.
- Results oriented and attention to detail: ability to process large quantities of data and translating client and regulatory requirements into specific information needs.
- Planning and organizing skills: ability to work under pressure and set right priorities.
- Creativity and adaptability: ability to signal improvements and deal with unexpected events.
- Good in communicating and in interacting with others
- Fluency in English
- Professional and intellectual level equivalent to university-level; o Master’s degree (preferably a business/economic/finance degree) is considered a plus
- 1-4 years of relevant work experience (within a financial institution); Experience with reporting is considered a plus
- Knowledge of Excel; Knowledge of VBA/SQL is a plus
- A fast growing, professional and flat organisation
- Competitive salaries and benefits
- An organisation where initiatives are appreciated and responsibilities can and should be taken.
- A dynamic and challenging environment with room for entrepreneurship
- A good work atmosphere
The chance the join the most succesful and innovative Investment Management company in Europe. A steep learning curve and the opportunity to work closely with the analysts and portfolio managers in an international working environment.